Well hello there! Its been awhile...Aoife and I would just like to apologise for the (serious) lack of blog posts over the summer months. However this will change from now on and we hope to post once if not twice weekly!
As you can see from the title this will be a skincare post, my FIRST one ever! It includes products I recently acquired from my local Boots and one from Debenhams. A Boots store opened over a year ago in my home town and needless to say I am a regular! You really can't go wrong with their advantage card and their money saving offers. It has definitely opened a door to skincare for me as I never had any great interest until recently. So without further introduction here is a haul of my most recent purchases with a little note on how I'm getting on with them:
1. EAU THERMALE Avéne Extremely Gentle Cleanser. Like many people I suffer from dry sensitive skin. Having a red-cheeked Irish completion also doesn't help in choosing a good cleanser! I previously used a wash off cleanser but found using water too harsh on my overly sensitive skin, boo. I haven't had this problem with the Avéne cleanser as it does not require water for removal. The cleanser is cloudy and slightly runny, a little goes a long way. You simply apply it with your fingers or cotton pad and tissue off after. No water required. My skin isn't irritated from water or the rubbing required from a wash off cleanser and face cloth. So far so good.
2. EAU THERMALE Avéne Thermal Spring Water. I LOVE this product. I've always had a thing for thermal sprays and the Avéne version does not disappoint. Like the Avéne cleanser it is perfect for the most sensitive skinned of us. Your skin feels dewy and refreshed after a few skirts of this beauty. I generally apply this after cleansing and before moisturising, but its great for a post work out boost, a balm for poor skin irritated by shaving or just when your skin needs a good ol' pick-me-up (Advisable when massively hungover).
3. Sanctuary Deep Cleanse Facial. This was purchased with the 3 for 2 offer at Boots...for free :) Anyway as I am unable to afford the luxury of a spa getaway or a microdermabrasion treatment I thought this would be a good buy. It is a warming charcoal detox mask and is great for those with oily skin. I will be trying this out very soon and might even do a review!
4. ORIGINS GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream. Prior to this product, I have never really used an under eye cream. Shame on me as this is a trooper. Like many women I unfortunately suffer from dark circles under my eyes...regardless of how much sleep I get or how healthily I eat, believe me. This cream brightens and depuffs the thin skinned under eye area. I random purchase but a keeper.
5. No7 Day Cream (Dry/Very Dry) / 6. No7 Night Cream (Dry/Very Dry). Both this and the night creams are re-purchases. I have been using these moisturisers for months and find this range for Dry/Very Dry skin works best for me, providing adequate hydrating coverage.
7. Hydraluron. Like the Sanctuary facial mask I have yet to use this serum as I don't need it yet. I think this will become a key part of my skincare regime as the winter months progress and the cold weather dehydrates my skin.
Hope you enjoyed this post and found my own personal incites on the products helpful...and sorry if it seemed rambly at times! I will improve with time (I hope!) Until next time