Tuesday 17 December 2013

The Avene Review


Hello Everyone!

Apologies for the lack of updates recently, both Aoife and I have been pretty busy lately. I must honestly commend all the bloggers and youtubers out there who are doing daily blogmas/vlogmas posts and videos, ye are amazing! 

Today I will just speak a little about some skincare products that I have been using and seriously lovin' over the last 2 months. I have seen a marked difference in my skin and over all complexion. I feel like my skin has developed a greater resistance to the colder weather and has not dried out in my problem areas - mainly nose and just general tightness over all.

The Avene range is perfect for those with highly sensitive skin...

..."EAU THERMALE Avène is a unique French derma-cosmetic brand dedicated to each level of skin 

sensitivity; from sensitive, intolerant to allergic".

I myself fall under the sensitive category. Like most, I am prone to sensitivity and dry skin generally which tends to flare up during the colder months. The products that I have been using are the Extremely Gentle Cleanser, Gentle Toner and the Thermal Spring Water all from Avene



The Extremely Gentle Cleanser's title says it all. It is very gentle on the skin. You simply apply a teaspoon size to your palm and work into your face/neck with your fingertips. It has a runny milky texture and virtually fragrance free. You wipe off with tissue paper. It says to 'dab' off on the back but who has time for dabbing when your in a rush in the mornings or tired in the evenings?! I usually double cleanse at night if I have been wearing make up that day - this is why it is almost finished.

I follow this with the Gentle Toner. This is wonderful. Anyone with dry skin will know that toners usually dry out your face and can even feel abrasive - ouch! This is the most gentle toner I have ever used and will use for the foreseeable future. It is a clear liquid with a little going a long way. I use this morning and night. As you can see from the second image above I have used very little in the last two months. Not only is it gentle to skin but also to your wallet! 

Finally to finish off this part of my skincare routine I spritz some of the Thermal Spring Water on my face and neck. This feels lovely and gives your face a dewy feel. This is a superb product which can be used after exercise, for burns, sunburn and even shaving burn which we all suffer from from time to time! I have used this product more so than the rest as it is the perfect pick-me-up if your face is feeling a little tired. 

All in all I am so happy with this new skincare routine, I have used other cleansers and toners, wipes and gel washes in the past but these Avene products have come up trumps and are now a definite skincare staple. My face has transformed and is glowing and NO dry patches have emerged like other winters past.

I would highly recommend this product if you have dry sensitive skin or are not happy with your current skincare regime. Avene have a very wide range of products catering for all skin types and are available in most chemists and pharmacies.



I hope ye found this review helpful! What are ye're skincare must haves?? I would love to know as like most of you I am always looking and learning!

Nóirín 

X



Disclaimer: All products purchased by me in my local chemist.

4 comments:

  1. Never heard of this brand but they sounds amazing! I am an eczema sufferer so I am always on the hunt for products that will work well with my skin! Thanks for introducing me to these :)

    http://kelsielaurenxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome! I think if you used them they suit you! :) xx

      Delete